Concord Pike (US 202) Master Plan
New Castle County Department of Land Use, DelDOT, and WILMAPCO are developing a Master Plan for the Concord Pike (US 202) Corridor, encompassing an area between the City of Wilmington and the Pennsylvania state line. The Master Plan will provide a 20-year vision that identifies cohesive land use and transportation strategies to ensure that Concord Pike will continue to be a safe, accessible, and economically thriving place for all.
Public Workshop #2
- When: Wednesday, March 20th – 6pm-8:30pm
- Where: Brandywine High School 1400 Foulk Road Wilmington, DE 19803
- Topics: See the progress and give your input on draft Pedestrian, Bike, and Street Network Plans, Intersection Plans and Street Section Scenarios, and Potential Redevelopment Options.
3/20 Meeting Materials:
3/20 Meeting Comments from board exercises:
- Live/Work/Play location board
- Potential Redevelopment Area Concepts:
Farifax Talleyville Widener Univ. Brandywine Town Center
- Intersection Concepts:
Powder Mill Rd. & Independence Mall Concord Ave. & Silverside Rd. Naamans Rd. & Brandywine Blvd.
- Street Sections
- General written comments
Objectives of the Plan:
- Redevelop U.S. 202 as a high-quality and attractive multi-modal corridor with provisions for integrating land use and transportation that promote walkability, bikeability and place-making.
- Build upon the results of the 2017 U.S. 202 Market Assessment
- 11/14/18 Public visioning workshop (Presentation)
- Group table exercise comment boards (Tables 1-5) (Tables 6-10)
- Corridor visioning preference “Dot exercise” results:
Mixed Use Streetscaping Amenities & Activities Parks & Open Space
Materials from July 25, 2018 Public Information Session:
- Meeting Presentation
- Display Boards
- Comments made on study area maps (All maps) (Complete list of comments)
– Area #1 (Wilmington University)
– Area #2 (Brandywine Country Club)
– Area #3 (Concord Plaza)
– Area #4 (Astra Zeneca)
– Area #5 (SR 141)
Materials from previous reports and studies:
- Signup for project updates: Click Here