WILMAPCO Freight &Goods Movement Working Group
2014 Delmarva Freight & Goods Movement Working Group winter meetings
The Delmarva Freight & Goods Movement Working Group met in December .Please see below for PDF versions of the presentations given at the meetings:
- Presentation: Dan Blevins (WILMAPCO) – Freight Activities: A Year in Review
- Presentation: Chad Reece (WRA): Delmarva Freight Plan
Delmarva Freight Plan (Draft)
Below are links to the individual chapters of the draft Delmarva Freight Plan as of 11/5/14. Chapters 7 and 8 are currently in development and will be added shortly.
|Draft Plan (First 6 Chapters- 42MB)|
|Chapter 1 – Introduction|
|Chapter 2 – Regional Economic Conditions
|Chapter 3 – Existing Commodity Flows|
|Chapter 4 – Freight System|
|Chapter 5 – Existing Freight Programs & Coordination|
|Chapter 6 – Freight Trends, Needs, & Issues|
|Chapter 7 – Future Freight Planning Scenarios (Coming Soon)|
|Chapter 8 – Recommended Action Plan (Coming Soon)|
2014 Delmarva Freight Summit
The Delmarva Freight Summit was a half day forum held on August 6th that brings together both public and private sector freight professionals to focus on the needs and interests of freight movement across the Delmarva Peninsula. Below are the presentations and handouts that were given at the summit.
- Presentation: Marc Dixon (FHWA) – MAP-21 freight provisions
- Presentation: Lee Derrickson (DMTA) – Transportation Challenges in the Agribusiness Industry.
- Presentation: Rudy Husband (Norfolk Southern) – Crude Oil Shipments by Rail
- Presentation: Chad Reece (WRA) – Delmarva Freight Plan
2013 Delmarva Freight & Goods Movement Working Group Winter Meetings
Delmarva Freight & Goods Movement Task Force meetings December 4th and 10th, 2013 Please see below for PDF versions of the presentations given at the meetings:
- Delmarva Freight Study Update
- Delmarva Chemical Supply Chain Analysis
- Goods Movement and Intelligent Transportation Management Systems (12/4 Meeting)
- Clean Fuel Corridor on Delmarva (12/10 Meeting)
- The Role of Freight in the Delaware Statewide Project Prioritization Process
- Development of a Statewide Freight Priority Network
– To view the DRAFT map of the priority freight corridor map, click HERE or you can download the KML file to view in Google Earth
2013 Delmarva Freight Study
The Delmarva Freight Study is a multi-state, multi-MPO effort to develop a comprehensive, multi-modal evaluation of the freight transportation system and its operations along the Delmarva Peninsula. Using detailed commodity flow data along with a three-level modeling approach (National, Regional and Local), we can capture the overall performance of the freight system and its future constraints. In addition, we will be able to test the impacts of decisions such as infrastructure investments, changes in regulations and modal shift impacts.
- Delmarva Freight Study Project Scope Summary
- Study Area
- Presentation from 3/21/13 WILMAPCO TAC Meeting
- Minutes and Powerpoint Slides from 3/6/13 Meeting
- Powerpoint Slides from 1/16/13 Meeting
- Presentation to Chambers of Commerce
- Presentation to the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVPRC)
2013 Delmarva Freight Summit
The Delmarva Freight Summit was a half day forum held on June 26th that brings together both public and private sector freight professionals to focus on the needs and interests of freight movement across the Delmarva Peninsula. Below are the presentations and handouts that were given at the summit.
- Presentation: Jack Wells: Chief Economist, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Presentation: Delaware’s Chemical Supply Chain: Bob Brodesky & Chris Grillo I H S Global Inc.
- Handout:Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) Hazmat Study
- Presentation: Delmarva Freight Study, Whitman, Requardt and Associates
- Presentation: Maritime Bulk Petroleum Movement: Captain Mason Keeter
- Delmarva Freight Study Display Boards. These boards were displayed at the Freight Summit as part of an outreach effort for the Delmarva Freight Study. These are designed to show areas that have been identified to date which are critical to goods movement.
Display Board 1 – Freight Related Areas of Concern Display Board 2 -Freight Related Areas of Opportunity
- Freight Scenarios: A series of scenarios are being developed for analysis as part of the the Delmarva Freight Study. Below are the first two that have been developed
Display Board 3 -Multimodal Constraint Scenario Display Board 4 -Multimodal Enhancement Scenario
- Comment form: If anyone wants to provide any comments or feedback, please use the comment form and email it to Lindsay Ulizio at email@example.com
Other Regional Freight News
- Map-21 included a number of provisions to improve the condition and performance of the National Freight Network and support investment in freight-related surface transportation projects (Download Interim Guidance PDF) (Website)
- Wilmington Truck Parking Analysis is underway
- Regional Truck Volumes and percentages (Google Map)
- Regional Freight Analysis Underway
WILMAPCO Freight and Goods Movement Working Group (FWG)
In September 2007, WILMAPCO Council approved the formation of a Freight and Goods Movement Working Group. This group is comprised of area DOTs, economic development groups, private sector representatives, county officials, ports, and members of the public. It will be charged with overseeing and helping implement future actions and policy recommendations that result from the WILMAPCO Freight and Goods Movement Analysis. Also, the group will aid in providing direction for the best methods for addressing MAP-21 provisions.
- Delaware Department of Transportation
- New Castle County Department of Land Use
- Maryland Department of Transportation, State Highway Administration
- Maryland Department of the Environment
- Cecil County Planning Office
- U.S. Federal Transit Administration (FHWA)
The next WILMAPCO Freight Working Group will be announced shortly. FWG meetings are held in the WILMAPCO Conference Room, unless otherwise noted.
Reports and Downloads
2007 WILMAPCO Freight & Goods Movement Analysis (PDF)
|New Castle County Freight Bottleneck Locations||PDF Map||Google Map|
|Cecil County Freight Bottleneck Locations||PDF Map||Google Map|
Please e-mail Dan Blevins: firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional meeting materials
Meeting Agendas and Notes
Next meeting TBA