New Castle County Department of Land Use, DelDOT, and WILMAPCO have completed the Transportation Element of the Southern New Castle County Master Plan, encompassing the entire area of New Castle County below the C & D Canal. The plan builds on the work of previous plans, including the 2009 Infrastructure Master Plan and the 2003 Local Road Plan, and will help guide development and transportation decisions in one of New Castle County’s fastest growing areas for decades to come.
New Castle County is working to complete the overall Master Plan. The goal is to guide growth while at the same time taking proactive steps to preserve natural resources and agricultural land. After a series of public workshops held since 2018, and significant community input, a final draft of the master plan is available
The draft will be presented during a Virtual Public Workshop being held on September 23, 2020 from 5:30-7pm. Click here to register for the virtual meeting.
You are encouraged to review the final draft and provide feedback. Comments will be accepted until October 12, 2020 and can be emailed to NCC2050@newcastlede.gov. Following the workshop and comment period, the plan will then proceed through the legislative process for incorporation into the comprehensive plan. Read the final draft here.
August 26, 2020 – Virtual Workshop Materials
October 7, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
- Plan10/7 Workshop Presentation
- 10/7 Scenario Boards
– Scenario #1 “Business as Usual”
– Scenario #2 “Planned Growth and Preservation”
– Scenario #3 “Town Infill and Preservation”
- Future Sewer Service Boards
- Goals & Objectives Boards (with supporting display boards)
– Quality of Life / Health
– Economy & Jobs
– Community Character
June 24, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
March 13, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
Jan 31, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
October 17, 2018 – Public Information Session Materials
Objectives of the Plan:
- Inform development and preservation decisions, recommended physical improvements and governmental policies regarding transportation and land use for Southern New Castle County, as implemented through the New Castle County Comprehensive Plan.
- Through consensus building and stakeholder support, address near-term and long-range solutions and policies with an emphasis on integration of sustainable land use planning.
To sign up for project updates, please click here.