Route 9: It’s About Time
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Health Subcommittee – April 11 at 4:30 PM
Monitoring Committee – April 20 at 4:30 PM
Small Business and Workforce Development Subcommittee – TBD
Outreach Subcommittee – TBD
*All meetings are currently being held virtually due to the pandemic. Please email Bill Swiatek at email@example.com to receive meeting notifications and call in details.
DelDOT and the University of Delaware’s Center for Historic Architecture and Design (CHAD) are studying the history and residential experience of the Route 9 corridor after World War II (1945-1985). The Route 9 Monitoring Committee will use this information as a reference as while implementing the Route 9 Master Plan. To read the draft report and provide feedback, click here.
About the Plan
Click on the image to view a video about the Route 9 Corridor Master Plan!
The Route 9 Corridor Land Use and Transportation Master Plan (What is the Route 9 Corridor Master Plan?) identifies the best reinvestment and redevelopment strategies for the Route 9 Corridor between the cities of Wilmington and New Castle, Delaware. This Master Plan was requested by New Castle County. It was funded and executed by the Wilmington Area Planning Council (WILMAPCO) as of May 2017 under the close guidance of a Steering Committee comprised of local civic and agency partners.
The Route 9 Corridor Master Plan has been endorsed by the WILMAPCO Council in May 2017. Click the cover image below to view the low resolution version (15mb) or view the high resolution version here (122mb).
The mission of the Route 9 Corridor Transportation and Land Use Master Plan Monitoring Committee is to oversee and fulfill the recommendations of the Route 9 Corridor Transportation and Land Use Master Plan, which established a shared vision for the transportation and land use redevelopment of the corridor. This work will be accomplished through a collaborative dialogue between its membership, which includes implementing agencies, local civic and community leaders, other key stakeholders, and the communities they represent.
The Route 9 Corridor Transportation and Land Use Master Plan Monitoring Committee envisions the redevelopment and revitalization of the Route 9 Corridor through the implementation of the Route 9 Corridor Transportation and Land Use Master Plan.
The committee and its subcommittees include the following active participants:
- Rt. 9 / Rt. 13 All Civics
- Clean Air Council
- Collins Park Civic Association
- Colonial School District
- Christiana Care
- Delaware Center for Horticulture
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Delaware Help Initiative
- Delaware Transit Corporation
- Dunleith Civic Association
- Everyone Can Achieve, LLC
- Hamilton / Eden Park Civic Association
- London Addison
- New Castle County
- New Castle Prevention Coalition
- Overview Gardens / Garfield Park Civic Association
- ProRank Business Solutions, LLC
- Rep. Frank Cooke
- Rosegate Civic Association
- Rose Hill Gardens Civic Association
- Simonds Gardens Civic Association
- Southbridge Civic Association
- University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
- University of Delaware Partnership for Healthy Communities
- YWCA of Delaware
Organization & Work Plan 2022
To view the Route 9 Corridor Monitoring Committee’s Organization & Work Plan 2021, click on the cover image below.
Letters from the Monitoring Committee and Health Subcommittee
To read letters written in support of the mission of the Monitoring Committee and the Health Subcommittee, click here.
Meetings and Workshops
A number of efforts have already taken place to begin implementaton of the Route 9 Corridor Master Plan. These include:
- USDOT RAISE Planning Grant FY 2022 – Route 9 Redefined
- The Community Development Corporation Feasibility Study
- Transportation Project Prioritization
- Safer Crossing at Ryan/Revis Avenue at Route 9
- The Memorial Drive Road Diet
- Small Scale Walking and Biking Projects
- The Final Resident Survey Report
For more information about these efforts, click here.
Interview on the Josie Roy Show – June 2018
To watch Bill Swiatek’s interview on the Josie Roy Show, please click on the graphics below.
|Part 1||Part 2|
Click here for email updates
Bill Swiatek, AICP, Project Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (302) 737-6205 ext. 113
- Address: WILMAPCO, 100 Discovery Blvd., Suite 800, Newark, DE 19713