Southern New Castle County Master Plan
New Castle County Department of Land Use, DelDOT, and WILMAPCO are developing a Master Plan for Southern New Castle County (SNCC), encompassing the entire area of New Castle County below the C & D Canal. The Master Plan builds on the work of previous plans, including the 2009 Infrastructure Master Plan and the 2003 Local Road Plan, and will help guide development and transportation decisions in one of New Castle County’s fastest growing areas for decades to come.
Public Visioning Workshop: March 13, 2019
In order to provide ample opportunity for public input, a second Public Visioning Workshop is being held. This workshop will repeat the same information as the January workshop in Odessa. This workshop allows participation by those who were unable to attend the 1/31 workshop.
March 13, 2019 – Public Workshop
- 3/13 Workshop Results
- 3/13 Presentation , Workshop Packet and Survey will be available until Mar. 20th
Jan 31, 2019 – Public Workshop
Materials from October 17, 2018 Public Information Session:
- Meeting Presentation
- Display Boards
– Demographics / Existing Transportation Conditions
– Existing Zoning
– Sewer Areas
– Household Development Trends
– Future Land Use
– Protected Lands
Objectives of the Plan:
- Inform development and preservation decisions, recommended physical improvements and governmental policies regarding transportation and land use for Southern New Castle County, as implemented through the New Castle County Comprehensive Plan.
- Through consensus building and stakeholder support, address near-term and long-range solutions and policies with an emphasis on integration of sustainable land use planning.