New Castle County Department of Land Use, DelDOT, and WILMAPCO are developing a Master Plan for Southern New Castle County (SNCC), encompassing the entire area of New Castle County below the C & D Canal. The Master Plan builds on the work of previous plans, including the 2009 Infrastructure Master Plan and the 2003 Local Road Plan, and will help guide development and transportation decisions in one of New Castle County’s fastest growing areas for decades to come.
October 7, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
- 10/7 Workshop Presentation
- 10/7 Scenario Boards
– Scenario #1 “Business as Usual”
– Scenario #2 “Planned Growth and Preservation”
– Scenario #3 “Town Infill and Preservation”
- Future Sewer Service Boards
- Goals & Objectives Boards (with supporting display boards)
– Quality of Life / Health
– Economy & Jobs
– Community Character
June 24, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
March 13, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
Jan 31, 2019 – Public Workshop Materials
October 17, 2018 – Public Information Session Materials
Objectives of the Plan:
- Inform development and preservation decisions, recommended physical improvements and governmental policies regarding transportation and land use for Southern New Castle County, as implemented through the New Castle County Comprehensive Plan.
- Through consensus building and stakeholder support, address near-term and long-range solutions and policies with an emphasis on integration of sustainable land use planning.
To sign up for project updates, please click here.