About the Study
The purpose of this study is to develop a Statewide Truck Parking Study to support the advancement of priority solutions that improve truck parking statewide. Availability of reliable truck parking is a constant concern for transportation agencies across the nation. This study is geared to have a two-part approach. First, the study needs to address the requirements set by MAP-21 for addressing truck parking along the interstate system. Secondly, the purpose of the study is to go beyond those requirements and look to address more localized, shorter-term truck parking and staging within the State of Delaware. Additional focus of this effort will be regular engagement with the local trucking community. Their local knowledge can help verify the technical data review portion of the study and help with future strategies and recommendations.
Focus Group Meeting #1 Materials
- Presentation/Survey Results (March 2021)
- Meeting Notes and Map Packet
- Enter Wikimap Truck Parking Survey
Other Study Materials and Presenations
- Delaware Truck Parking Study Presentation to WILMAPCO Council (January 2021)
- Current Truck Parking Inventory
- Delaware Truck Parking Study Technical Memo 1: National and Regional Perspective on Delaware Truck Parking (COMING SOON)
Other helpful truck parking information
- Maryland Stateiwde Truck Parking Study (2020)
- DVRPC Truck Parking Study (2011)
- FHWA Truck Parking webpage
- WILMAPCO Port of Wilmington Truck Parking Study (2013)
- Current Truck Parking Locations in Delaware (Interactive Map)
Sign up for Project Updates!
- We welcome your feedback! If you have questions or comments or would like to sign up for project email updates, please email Randi Novakoff at email@example.com.
- For any questions or comments, please email the project manager Dan Blevins at firstname.lastname@example.org