Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
As the first four years of the region’s long-range plan implementation, the TIP prioritizes and documents anticipated projects including roads, buses, rail, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. Each project shows a description and the expected schedule and funding. The document is separated into Delaware Statewide, New Castle County and Cecil County specific projects, and is incorporated into the Delaware Capital Transportation Program and Maryland Consolidated Transportation Program. The TIP and submissions are prioritized using an approved Project Prioritization Process.
Throughout the development of the TIP, the community can play an active role in shaping our region’s priority projects. The public participation process for the TIP will also meet the public participation requirements for MTA’s and DTC’s Program of Projects. The TIP also considers effects upon low income and minority residents. For more details on participating in the TIP development process, see our schedule.
Public comment is being accepted on the draft FY 2017-2020 TIP through March 2, 2016.
The draft FY 2017-2020 TIP is available for public comment from January 19 through March 2, 2016.
An open house public workshop will be help on February 24, 4-7 p.m. at the Newark Free Library. – Workshop Flyer
- TIP Quick Guide
- Public Workshop Flyer: February 24, 2015, drop in any time between 4-7 at the Newark Free Library
- Public Workshop Displays
- Draft project list: PDF Spreadsheet or Interactive Excel Spreadsheet
- Draft FY 2017-2020 TIP Document:
Amendments approved, September 10, 2015:
TIP amendments were available for public comment from August 3 – September 10, 2015 and amended by WILMAPCO Council on September 10.
Amended FY 2016-19 TIP Document:
FY 2016-2019 TIP adopted March 12, 2015:
- TIP Quick Guide
- FY 2016 – 19 TIP: Entire Document (9.5MB)
- Project List: PDF Spreadsheet, Interactive Excel Spreadsheet
- New project descriptions
- Interactive map of FY16-19 projects
- The draft TIP was available for public comment from January 12 – March 3, 2015 and approved by WILMAPCO Council on March 12. A public workshop was held on February 23, 2015 at the Newark Free Library: Workshop flyer, Workshop Displays