Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
As the first four years of the region’s long-range plan implementation, the TIP prioritizes and documents anticipated projects including roads, buses, rail, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. Each project shows a description and the expected schedule and funding. The document is separated into Delaware Statewide, New Castle County and Cecil County specific projects, and is incorporated into the Delaware Capital Transportation Program and Maryland Consolidated Transportation Program.
Throughout the development of the TIP, the community can play an active role in shaping our region’s priority projects. The public participation process for the TIP will also meet the public participation requirements for MTA’s and DTC’s Program of Projects. The TIP also considers effects upon low income and minority residents. For more details on participating in the TIP development process, see our schedule.
FY 2016-2019 TIP
- TIP Quick Guide
- FY 2016 – 19 TIP: Entire Document (9.5MB)
- Project List: PDF Spreadsheet, Interactive Excel Spreadsheet
- New project descriptions
- Interactive map of FY16-19 projects
- The draft TIP was available for public comment from January 12 – March 3, 2015 and approved by WILMAPCO Council on March 12. A public workshop was held on February 23, 2015 at the Newark Free Library: Workshop flyer, Workshop Displays; Submit comments
FY 2015-2018 TIP
TIP amendments were available for public comment from July 21 – September 10, 2014 and amended by WILMAPCO Council on September 11.
Amendments approved, September 11, 2014:
- Interactive map of Amended FY15-18 projects
- Amended FY 2015 – 18 TIP: Entire document
- A public workshop was held September 3: Workshop displays
- TIP Amendments Project List: PDF Spreadsheet, Interactive Excel spreadsheet
- Draft use of CMAQ, STP, TAP and Transit 5310 and Urbanized Area funds for FY 2015
FY 2015-18 TIP, approved March 13, 2014:
- Interactive map of FY 2015-18 projects
- FY 2015 – 18 TIP: Entire document
- TIP spreadsheet (excel)
- Air Quality Conformity Determination
- A Public Workshop was held on February 24, 2014: Workshop Displays, New Project Descriptions, Spreadsheet