Nonmotorized Transportation Working Group
The NMTWG advocates the creation and funding a safe, direct network of bicycle and pedestrian facilities through the region. State and local government representatives, bicycle, greenway and pedestrian organizations and advocates come together to coordinate their work through this group. The group reviews bicycle and pedestrian plans, programs and policies to advise WILMAPCO staff, committees, and Council. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. in February, April, June, August, October and December and are open to the public.
Our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 3, 3:00 p.m. Email WILMAPCO or phone us at 302-737-6205 for meeting access info.
- DATE: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- TIME: 3:00 p.m.
- PLACE: Conference call/web access
- Via Zoom meeting
- Via Phone: 888 788 0099
- Meeting ID: 924 4805 1489, Passcode: 672068
CALL TO ORDER
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
- Route 9 Paths Plan—Jake Thompson, WILMAPCO
Review of the draft plan and recommendations.
- FY 2022 Use of Transportation Alternative and Bicycle Pedestrian Program Funds— Mike Hahn, DelDOT and Heather Dunigan, WILMAPCO
Review of the FY 2022 federal funding request for TAP and Bicycle and Pedestrian projects.
- Maryland Walktober– Francine Waters, Maryland Department of Transportation
Overview of WALKTOBER, a campaign to promote pedestrians’ safety, health, and commuting options throughout the month of October.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Analysis—Dave Racca, University of Delaware Center for Applied Demography and Survey Research
Analysis of pedestrian activity, crashes, and exposure.
OTHER BUSINESS – Opportunity for committee members to report on recent activities.
Our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 7, 3:00 p.m. Please share your agenda items by August 24
To be added to the committee email list, please contact us: Send Mail
Useful Walking and Bicycling Links:
- Bike Delaware
- Bike Maryland
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Delaware Bicycle Council
- Delaware Greenways
- Lower Susquehanna Heritage Greenway
- Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Bike Newark
- Newark Bike Project
- Urban Bike Project
- White Clay Bicycle Club