Welcome to WILMAPCO…
The Wilmington Area Planning Council (WILMAPCO) is the regional transportation planning agency for New Castle County, Delaware and Cecil County, Maryland. As the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), WILMAPCO is charged with planning and coordinating transportation investments for the region based on federal policy, local input, technical analysis, and best practices.
- Draft FY 2016 UPWP is available for public comment through May 5
- 2040 RTP: 2015 Update is adopted
- FY 2016-19 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is approved by Council
- Cecil County Transit introduces new Elkton to Newark service and expands mid-county service
- Draft Delmarva Freight Plan is available for review
- Glasgow Avenue Study is underway
- SR 141 20-Year Transportation & Land Use Plan is underway
- Data and Demographics Subcommittee – May 11, 10 a.m.
- Air Quality Subcommittee – May 14, 10 a.m.
- Congestion Management Subcommittee – May 14, 1 p.m.
- WILMAPCO Council – May 14, 6:30 p.m.
- Technical Advisory Committee – May 21, 10 a.m.
- May is National Bike Month. Learn more about events in our region.
- SR 9 Walkable Community Workshop – May 5, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., Rose Hill Community Center – Registration is required
- Locust Lane Sidewalk Feasibility Study Public Workshop – May 6, anytime between 5 and 7 p.m., Elkton Town Hall
- Red Clay Valley Scenic Byway Design Standards Public Workshop – May 18, 6:30 – 9 p.m., Ashland Nature Center
- WILMAPCO Offices Closed on May 25 for Memorial Day