Welcome to WILMAPCO…
The Wilmington Area Planning Council (WILMAPCO) is the regional transportation planning agency for New Castle County, Delaware and Cecil County, Maryland. As the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), WILMAPCO is charged with planning and coordinating transportation investments for the region based on federal policy, local input, technical analysis, and best practices.
- FY 2016 submissions for the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) sought by May 15 in Cecil County and May 26 in New Castle County
- 2040 RTP: 2015 Update is adopted
- FY 2016-19 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is approved by Council
- Cecil County Transit introduces new Elkton to Newark service and expands mid-county service
- Draft Delmarva Freight Plan is available for review
- Glasgow Avenue Study is underway
- SR 141 20-Year Transportation & Land Use Plan is underway
- Technical Advisory Committee – May 21, 10 a.m.
- May is National Bike Month – Learn about events in our region
- WILMAPCO Offices Closed on May 25 for Memorial Day
- Glasgow Avenue Planning Study – Community Meeting – June 10, 5:30 – 8 p.m., Hodgson Vo-Tech High School, 2575 Glasgow Ave., Newark
- SR 141 Transportation and Land Use Plan – Public Information Session – June 17, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., Alexis I du Pont HS, 50 Hillside Rd., Wilmington
- Delmarva Freight Summit – June 24, 8:30 a.m. to noon, Dover Downs Hotel and Casino